New Tour and Activity Plan- Online Effective 5/1/12
The new online tour and activity plan has been developed and will be ready for use on 5/1/12. www.myscouting.org
When compared to the former tour permit process, the new plan will no longer require signatures or approvals. Rather, as the plan is completed online, the required prerequisites for that type of trip or activity will be displayed.
For any prerequisites that have not been met (for example, not having someone on a trip who has Hazardous Weather training where this training is required), and before being allowed to submit the form, the person completing the form will have to certify that all prerequisites will be met prior to conducting the trip or activity. Once submitted, an email notification will be sent to your council, chartered organization, committee chair, unit leader, and emergency contact to let them know that a plan has been submitted. Receivers of this notification can log in to MyScouting and review the plan.
Please complete and submit this plan at least 21 days in advance (check with your local council) to ensure your council has enough time to review the plan and assist as necessary.
Other tour and activity plan enhancements include the following:
- Because email notifications will be sent once a plan has been submitted, it is important to maintain current leadership information in the system.
- Links are provided to current program-required training and education.
- System prompts and warnings are included.
- You will be able to review and fix any deficiencies flagged prior to submitting the plan.
- You can store, retrieve, copy, and reuse completed tour and activity plans.
- Files such as trekking plans and flight plans may be uploaded.
- Unit volunteers who currently have access to the tour & activity plan will be able to view and update all plans submitted for their unit up to the day before the scheduled tour date.
- There will be leader certification of the plan prior to submission.
When do you need a tour plan?
Times when a tour plan must be submitted for council review include:
- Trips of 500 miles or more
- Trips outside of council borders not to a council-owned property
- Trips to any national high-adventure base, national jamboree, National OA Conference, or regionally sponsored event
- Activities involving motorized vehicles in the program (snowmobiles, boating, etc.)
- When conducting the following activities outside of council or district events:
- Aquatics activities (swimming, boating, scuba, etc.)
- Climbing and rappelling
- Orientation flights (process flying plan)
- Shooting sports