| || |
- How it works:
- Prior to March 23, 2013 Units in each town co-ordinate their commitment and work division
- Flier or bags are distributed the week of March 16, 2013 to each household in their respective communities
- At 9:00 am on March 23, 2013 units canvas their community for bags left on door steps
- Once the vehicle is full, bring the collected items to the designated collection site
- Once the items are at the collection site, they are separated, boxed, and then stored at the pantry
- Collected items are then distributed to needy families coming to the centers.
- Collection sites:
- North end of the Ridgewood Train Station - Ridgewood Social Service
- Bergen County Law and Public Safety Institute, 281 CampGaw Road, Mahwah, New Jersey
We are also looking for volunteers to assist at the collection sites to assist with the packing and sorting.
What if we are out of the covered area?
You can collect in your local community and bring it to the collection site or you can make a connection with a local pantry,
Volunteer the day at a local pantry, collect in your community and bring to a local pantry, raise awareness in your community use your creativity in support of hunger. There is need in every community for example in Wayne there are 150 families supported by the CFA pantry in Mahwah. We are always looking for help at the public Safety location and you can volunteer your time there.Don't miss an opportunity to make a difference!