Good Turn for America 2012
What is Good Turn for America?
* Service is a fundamental element of Scouting. Good Turn for America (GTFA) is the name under which all Scouting service happens across the nation and provides a structure in which unit service is recognized and recorded.
Does GTFA replace Scouting for Food?
* GTFA does not replace Scouting for Food. Scouting for Food is one of many service projects a unit could do that is recorded under GTFA.
When does GTFA take place?
* GTFA is year-round as scouting service is year-round.
* Although GTFA is year-round, Ramapo Valley District is organizing a concentrated effort of Scouting for Food during the month of March.
What is my troop/pack/crew expected to do?
1. Every unit should plan and incorporate service projects into the unit calendar. Each unit should have a GTFA chair to help with the process.
2. Each unit should plan a Scouting for Food event during the month of March. This will include two days: the first to drop off door hangers at neighborhood houses, and the second to collect food from those houses and deliver it to a food bank.
3. Every unit planning to participate in Scouting for Food should Register on line to enter their commitment to participate and to provide information on the unit Coordinator navigate Scouting for food, about, Sign up, in the menu
4. Each unit needs to report their service after the event. This should be done on a monthly, or no later than a quarterly basis.